Sunday, February 18, 2007

Dare I say this... another fast?

I know, I know... i've said I was going to fast quite a few times in the past 2 months and it never worked out. But now more than ever I believe I have to do this...

I have been having such insane cravings for cooked food, and sadly started eating quite a bit of it again. I can't keep doing this to myself. How can something that I want so badly (to be 100% raw) be so damn difficult? It's sooo frustrating! Because of the cooked food, I feel so sluggish, tired all the time... just crappy in general! I have eaten cooked food, with minimal fresh fruit/veggie intake for my entire life... and now I know exactly why i've felt so blah my entire life! It's cooked food! I mean, I knew it was... but to actually experience it by eating a raw diet and then eating cooked, as opposed to just reading about it... it's eye-opening. Honestly, it's a bit scary.

On Monday i'm starting a green smoothie fast. Length to be determined. I've tried the water only fasting and the juice/water fasting... now green smoothies are up. I know that when I drink green smoothies, they keep me feeling full for quite awhile (and they take quite a long time to drink!), so I should be okay in that department.

I just want to feel good again... and i'm confident this will help me.

Wish me luck!

Peace & Love,
-- everclear

P.S. If you haven't been to it already, i've started a "personal blog" for my entries unrelated to raw foods. :o) earthspirit21.blogspot.com ...

1 comment:

xyours_forever said...

Hey Amy, this is Stacy from SH. I've been reading your blog since you put the link in your siggy and every time I read it I get more and more tempted to go raw. Everything you say about it sounds so great to me. Anyways, good luck with your fast!