Monday, February 5, 2007

Making a carrot cake today!

Since my birthday is tomorrow I'm going to make a carrot cake today so that I can have a yummy raw treat! I've never had carrot cake, but the recipe (mainly the frosting lol) sounds quite good! Although i'll be making a few substitutions - I don't have walnuts, so i'll be using cashews or maybe pumpkin seeds? I don't know. I won't be using raisins, I'm not a huge fan of them... so hopefully it still turns out! And I don't have cardamom, so i'll have to find something to replace that. I was originally going to make some kind of chocolate cake, but I don't have carob or cacao, so that's out for now! The recipe is Alissa Cohen's. It's in her book, but it's also posted on gliving... here!

Since it will be my 21st birthday, I am going to let myself have some alcohol... not raw, but come on, i've been waiting for this day my entire life... almost, haha.

On Wednesday, to celebrate the new year of my life, i'm going to give fasting yet another shot. I'm going to do a juice/water/tea fast. Warm tea curbs my appetite (it's all mental for me, I don't think it physically curbs it lol), so I think it will be a very good idea to include it in my fast. How long will the fast last? I don't know, i'm just going to take it one day at a time. :-)

Peace & Love,
-- everclear

1 comment:

travelingtoes said...

Just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!! Hope you are having loads of fun and not too much drinking. LOL Welcome to adulthood. haha