Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Day 1... i'm RAW!

I'm so excited, this is day one of the new me! The RAW me! My sister and I woke up early to go to Walmart and check out the day-after-Christmas sales. I didn't find any, but I did buy... ta-da... a food dehydrator! I'm so excited!

After Walmart, we headed to Safeway to use our gift cards. I have never spent so much time in the produce department in ANY grocery store before! haha... I must have been there for like 20 minutes picking out fruits and veggies. 50% of them are organic as well... the Safeway by our apartment is remodeling and they're bringing in so many organic (and way more affordable than Wild Oats!) fruits/veggies (and other organic food as well!) I had filled the cart up with my food before my sister even made it to any other section of the store.

What I got:
Bananas
Apples
Mandarin oranges
Blackberries (they were on sale! I bought 6 containers and saved $20!)
Raspberries
Baby Spinach
Carrots
Cucumber
Pineapple (buy one get one free!) and a pineapple slicer thing
Avocado
... I think I got more, but i'm having a mind blank right now.

Oh! Here is the fruit stand that my mom got me for Christmas. Isn't it awesome!? Don't mind the messy counters (I took the picture before I cleaned today lol) and it looks so pretty filled with fruit!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My neighbor has one sort of like it that's smaller and sits on your counter/table and whenever I walk by their window, i'm in awe of it... and now I have a better one than them! haha

My Daily Menu:
2 bananas
1 blackberry (to see how they tasted lol)
Juice of 3 oranges

That's all I've had so far, I haven't felt very hungry. Later on i'm going to try and make something in the food processor. Probably a chilled fruit soup. Or i'll just make a fruit salad instead, not sure yet. I also have some bananas in the food processor, so when those are done (2 more hours!) i'll snack on those too.

I'll update later tonight!

Peace & Love
-- everclear

No comments: