Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I like things simple...

I think i've figured out why i'm having a hard time with being raw. It's not that I don't want to be, because honestly i've never wanted anything more. I think i'm making things entirely too difficult... which I always seem to do... with everything. Well, then you also have to factor in the darn cooked food addiction (I almost said farm food addiction?? huh??) It's a real bummer. I'm trying to make recipes to duplicate things I ate on a cooked food diet.... which works for some raw fooders, absolutely... but it isn't for me, at least not right now, so soon into my raw journey. It's my darn dehydrator that's causing most of the issues. For example, the swiss cheese, because I can't think of another one. I can see why some people would want a raw version of cheese... but i'm trying to get rid of my addiction to stuff like that, why would I want to make something that reminds me of it?? Granted i've never had real swiss cheese, but you get what i'm saying lol.

So, i've decided that for the next month (at least) while i'm getting into the groove of things and throwing myself fully into the raw lifestyle, I won't bother with my food dehydrator. I figure i'm going through a big enough change as it is, completely changing my eating habits, I don't need something making it more complicated.

Now, let me say... I think the food dehydrator is a fab invention and I do love mine. 5 star apples (it's a new fruit i discovered in a post on RFT haha... looks delicious and i want a million of them! back onto the subject now...) to whoever invented it.

Enough babbling from me. Not sure I even made sense! But it's 3:20 in the morning and it's okay if I didn't. *blush* Now I need to go find a salad dressing recipe that looks yummy for my lunch today! Or maybe i'll make up my own! Hmm... we shall see! I'll write more later. :-)

Peace, Love & Simple Living,
-- everclear

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!!! :-) I love you, even if you did go to Vegas without me... mean! lol

1 comment:

travelingtoes said...

Haha, your dad went to Vegas with out you. LOL That is mean!
I know what you mean about making things too difficult. The more I think about getting a dehydrator, the more I know, that it will just become just another appliance in my collection. Kinda like the citrus juicer. I much prefer to eat 4 oranges than to take out the juice from it and just get a small cup. Well, Good Luck sweetie! Oh oh, remember Harry's food poisoning, turns out it might have been a virus, because I GOT IT NOW! Urgh! I may just get to 299, if I throw up everything I eat.