Friday, January 5, 2007

Shopping trip today was a success!

I went shopping today, and it was a success! We went to Old Navy before going to the grocery store. I got 3 new pairs of pants (2 jeans, 1 pair of dress pants) and two shirts! Now if I get a call back for a job interview i'll have something decent to wear (I haven't bought new clothes in sooo long!)

So, after that my mom dropped me off so that my sister and I could go grocery shopping. There is this produce store on the way to it and i've always wanted to go in it, so we decided to go! Love it! Everything is cheap haha.

8lbs of apples, 4lbs of oranges, a pack of garlic (5), one medium sized Jicama, a honeydew melon, a large white onion, and something else i'm forgetting... all for only $11! At the grocery store that would have easily been $17!

At the grocery store I got green bell peppers, avocado, bananas, pears, kiwi, green grapes, lemons, limes, sea salt (although now i'm doubting I got the right kind... eek!), flax seed, golden flax seed, raw honey, raw pumpkin seeds, raw sunflower seeds and raw cashews! I was SO happy when I saw the raw pumpkin seeds... my new best friend in the grocery store is the bulk bins!

Tomorrow i'm going to make some kind of crackers, i'm not sure what kind yet.

Oh! Exciting! My sister seems to be really interested in raw now. Before she would make stupid comments about it and when I would try to show her raw recipe photos (on rawfoodtalk) she would say "gross!" or "that is NOT raw!" (cookies, cakes, etc) but today she wanted to look at them, and commented on how good so many things looked. She even said if she had raw food that looked like that, she'd be a raw foodist too haha. And then she wanted to watch Alissa's dvd! But the dvd player was being stupid. If she went raw, it would be awesome. There would be no cooked/unraw food in this apartment, so... no temptations for me while i'm still living here! I want a raw kitchen!

Until tomorrow....

Peace & Love,
-- everclear

No comments: