Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Zucchini pasta is yummy! Plus sprouting.

I made the zucchini pasta tonight! OMG I am amazed at how much it actually looked like angel hair pasta! Insane! And sooo yummy. It was my first encounter with a zucchini and a pleasent one. I tried to make the marinara, I tasted it before putting it on the pasta, and yuck! I guess I don't like raw tomatos (never had one before) and yeah... so I threw that out. My sister is a self proclaimed "pesto queen" so she made me some pesto (she really just wanted a turn using the Magic Bullet that we bought last week haha) and wow... it made for a fabulous dinner! But with one issue. The water in the zucchini came out and turned the pesto into sort of a soup, which was nasty looking and I couldn't finish it. So I need to find a way to fix that problem for the next time I make this dish. And there will definately be a next time! I'll take pictures next time too. I tried tonight, but the lighting sucked.

This afternoon I put wheat berries in a bowl to soak so that I could sprout them (my first time sprouting!) I've been having a craving for banana bread, so after these are sprouted (in 2-3 days... they just got done soaking) i'm going to make Alissa's Banana Bread. We'll see how that turns out! After they're sprouted, the bread takes like 20+ hours to dehydrate, so it will be a few days before I get to try them.

Not raw related... but my birthday is in 6 days! I can't believe i'm going to be 21! Crazy. I still have no idea what i'm going to do. My friend Missy is coming over to hang out, that's about all I know. I'm going to make her some raw treats to show her how good raw can taste, I know that!

That's all for now!

Peace & Love,
-- everclear

No comments: