Saturday, January 13, 2007

Two day water fast this weekend

I'm doing a two day water fast this weekend. After yet another failed attempt at a fast (remind me not to read yummy raw recipes while fasting! lol) I need to do this. Not only for my body, but I feel I could gain alot spiritually through this and I need that. Failure at this is not an option this time! Whenever I feel the need to eat, I will do one of a few things: take a nap, blog about it or meditate.

As for what I broke my fast with the other day (when I was reading recipes) I made my first raw cake! I was reading 12 Steps to Raw Foods: How to End Your Addiction to Cooked Food by Victoria Boutenko and I saw her "generic cake" recipe, and since I had all of the ingredients... I had to make it. Mine had a sunflower seed crust with a blackberry/cashew topping. There is still most of it left. I'm gonna take a picture of it later on and post it! I'm proud of it haha.

I woke up way too early for a Saturday, so i'm going to try and get a few more hours of sleep. I only managed about 3 last night! I'll write more later on with how the fasting is going. :-)

Peace & Love,
-- everclear

No comments: